Taken from…http://www.christinaburkaba.com/Links.htmThis links list is not intended to be comprehensive, but it should give you a good start. At the bottom of this page is a link to a much bigger links page. I, unfortunately, have no financial affiliation with any of the links here; I just think they’re good resources. ABA: Autism Special Interest Group: The Association for Behavior
- ABA: Autism Special Interest Group: The Association for Behavior Analysis’ autism SIG.
- ABA Connections:A database of behavioral consultants, staff, and others available to work with children.
- ABA Materials: Parent-run company whose products include Flash! Pro2 CD-ROM with 10,000 printable common flashcard images (no affiliation).
- ABA Resources for Recovery from Autism/PDD/Hyperlexia:Richard Saffran’s parent-run site on ABA, autism, etc.
- About.com Search: ABA: All the links related to ABA under the About.com website.
- About.com Search: Autism: All the links related to autism under the About.com website.
- AltaVista Search: ABA: All the links related to ABA under the AltaVista search engine.
- AltaVista’s Search: Autism: All the links related to autism under the AltaVista search engine.
- Amazon.com: Good place to search for book titles related specifically to autism and ABA.
- Association for Behavior Analysis: Must-see site for anyone interested in ABA.
- Autism 99: A web-based conference on autism & ABA including many of the most famous names in the autism/ABA community.
- Autism Fundraiser: Lots of really nice items.
- Autism Research Institute: Dr. Bernard Rimland’s organization.
- Autism Society of America: One of the biggest autism organizations.
- Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist: ATEC was designed by Dr. Bernard Rimland and Dr. Steven Edelson.
- Behavior Analysis and Therapy: Another great site for ABA-related info.
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board: Info on qualifying for and taking the certification exam.
- Behavior Analysts, Inc.: VB info from the STARS School/Sundberg and Partington website; trainings, conferences, etc.
- The Behavior Analyst Today: The offical newsletter for the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy (AABT) Behavior Analysis SIG, the Association for Behavior Analysis (ABA) Clinical Behavior Anlysis SIG, and the Pennsylvania Certification Newsletter. Issues of The Behavior Analyst Today are in PDF format.
- Dr. Vincent Carbone’s Website: The website for Dr. Vincent J. Carbone and his conferences.
- Center for Autism & Related Disorders: CARD’s homepage.
- Center for the Study of Autism: Another useful site.
- Closing the Gap: This site features a searchable database for hardware and software products.
- Council for Exceptional Children: A terrific organization. They have a special interest group for behavioral disorders (CCBD).
- Cure Autism Now: CAN is another research organization.
- Defeat Autism Now!: DAN!’s website.
- Different Roads to Learning:Simply the best resource for ABA materials, manuals, etc. (No affiliation.)
- Dimensions: Speech Products: Valerie Herskowitz’s site.
- Education Place Learning Styles: Ideas for incorporating kinesthetic, tactile, and auditory activities into the curriculum.
- The Elija Foundation: A terrific parent-run group on Long Island, NY.
- Google Search: ABA: All the links related to ABA under the Google search engine.
- Google Search: Autism: All the links related to autism under the Google search engine.
- Graduate Programs in ABA 1: A searchable index of schools offering ABA Masters and doctoral programs.
- Graduate Programs in ABA 2: More schools offering Masters and doctoral programs in ABA.
- Greenspan Homepage: Greenspan’s floortime has become a popular complement to ABA.
- Homeschooling: A good site on homeschooling.
- Joint Control and Verbal Behavior: Barry Lowenkron’s archive of work on joint control and VB.
- Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis: JABA is a terrific journal of ABA research.
- Kay Stammers’ Trainland Website: Fabulous site with tons of links.
- Kathy and Calvins’s Homepage: Another terrific parent page on autism.
- Kids Together, Inc.: A great site with info on IDEA, inclusion, etc.
- Looking Up: Newsletter related to autism.
- Gary Mayerson: The homepage for one of the leading ABA lawyers in the country.
- Dr. Patrick McGreevy’s website: More verbal behavior-based info, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Melinda Smith’s homepage: A great site with tons of links.
- More Legal Information: More help in fighting the school districts.
- NY Clinical Practice Guideline Report Ages 0-3: Recommendations for Autism/PDD Assessment and Intervention for Young Children.
- National Association for Autism Research: A well-known organization.
- National Information Center for Children & Youth with Disabilities: NICHCY has a lot of information regarding students with disabilities.
- National Lekotek Center: Provides access to toys and technology specially chosen for children with special needs.
- New Interventions: Interesting site.
- New York Autism Network: Helpful info for those in NY.
- OASIS: OASIS is Online Asperger’s Syndrome Information and Support.
- PECS: Picture Exchange Communication System.
- Paraeducators Information Site: Info on paras’ requirements, etc.
- Parent’s Guide to Individual Education Planning: Includes a step-by-step explanation of what to consider and expect when developing an IEP for your child.
- Parents Magazine: Online resource guide for parents of children with autism.
- Partners In Autism: If the link doesn’t work, try here.
- Pivotal Response Training: Website containing info on the Koegels, who trained with Lovaas.
- Polyxo.com: Teaching Children with Autism: Jason Wallin’s excellent website containing info on ABA and other autism-related areas.
- Professional Development Programs for Special Needs: Great lists of workshops and courses.
- Special Child website: More good info for special needs.
- Special Education News: Good site for general info and issues of interest.
- Special Kids Resource: Informational and materials resource site by an ABA therapist.
- Special Needs Advocate for Parents: SNAP is a great parent site.
- Surgeon General’s Report on Autism: Support for ABA as the most effective treatment.
- TASH: The Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps homepage.
- U.S. Dept. of Education: Useful site to keep abreast of education issues.
- Wrightslaw Legal Resources: Wrightslaw is a great site for legal info relating to services.
- Yahoo Search: ABA: All the links related to ABA under the Yahoo search engine.
- Yahoo Search: Autism: All the links related to autism under the Yahoo search engine.
- Young Adult Institute: YAI provides services and jobs for people with disabilities. Has an ABA program.
- me-list Homepage: Info on the listserv devoted to ABA.
Mar. 29, 2022
Social Skills Series: Help Kids Engage In Conversation
Mar. 22, 2022
Social Skills Series: Help Your Child Learn Emotional Regulation
Mar. 14, 2022
Social Skills Series: Playtime Strategies for Children
Mar. 08, 2022
Social Skills Series: Three Coping Skills Techniques For Social Situations
Feb. 20, 2022
Social Skills Series: Top Manners Your Child with Autism Can Learn
Feb. 19, 2022
Social Skills Series: Practice Making Eye Contact
Feb. 14, 2022
Social Skills Series: Why Your Child Needs to Learn Spatial Awareness
Feb. 05, 2022